Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sighted in Accra

I thought that I would post some pictures to give a visual dimension to Accra where Janna and I are living.


Religious signage is very common, even when the product is not religious. Here is the local auto parts shop


Chickens are everywhere, kind of like pigeons in Toronto


In case you wondered where Obama eats fried chicken in Ghana, it is only 650 m from my work


Note that each small black dot in the sky is actually a large bat.


One of my local variety stores


For my Ministry of Labour colleagues, inspection time? 



Just in case you were looking for Einstein college it is here in Ghana


Lord's Triumph is you place for coolers


Walls are not the most welcoming things to climb over here, this one sports razor wire beside spikes


And in case razor wire just doesn't quite do the job, this one has electrified their razor wire. Gives a new meaning to thoughts of hopping fences